Monday, January 08, 2007

Raid Your Wardrobe

Well you have all started the New Year magnificently. It is wonderful to see all your wonderful work. And before we show you what is up our sleeves (ha, ha) this week we have some Big News of our own!....


we have a new Design Team member. So a warm welcome to the wonderful, highly talented and just plain gorgeous Gillian Hamilton! It's a priviledge to have you on board Gillian.

This weeks dare is to look in your wardrobe for inspiration. It may be the pattern on a skirt, the style of a shirt, the pattern on a jumper or the fringe of a scarf. Your card could be clothing shaped! Just go with your creative flow.

Here we are modelling our creations... You will need to visit our blogs to see what the clothing inspiration was.
Kathy



Jane
Keryn

Bondgirl


Lythan

Gillian Rhi
Jo

Kel




For anyone who hasn't joined in before, there are two ways to show us your creations:

1. Leave a message on the blog and we'll come and look. We'll also add a link to the sidebar to make it easy for readers to visit your site and see what you've been up to.

2. We also have a gallery ready and waiting for non-blogger's cards. Just email your pictures to daringcardmakers@hotmail.co.uk and as soon as they've been OK'd they'll appear on the gallery. Please remember to add your name, the dare your card is for and your website info if you have one.

23 comments :

Rachel said...

yah!!!!!!!!!!!!! welcome on board Gillian - you deserve to be on the team your stuff is amazing

great cards girls - will have a rummage hopefully! x

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

Have just been for a tour of the design team cards and found you girls so inspiring! Will have a go at this one maybe on Sunday/Monday as hubby is taking me fishing tomorrow.... I want to take part in the DCM challenges as much as I can till 25th January when I have to return to work and won't have as much time to play :-) It's like learning on fast forward to see all of the amazing ideas that come up here - thanks for the sharing, everyone :-D

Rachel said...

right girls have a look at some old cards and found one that sort of fits the challenge - although the dress isnt hanging in my wardrobe - I just wish it was! xx

Rachel said...

ooohps I mean "had" not "have" *blush*

Oblibby said...

Welcome Gillian.

Will need to raid my wardrobe to find something that isn't black with black with black.

Pearl said...

Wahoo Wowie ! Gillian will surely be a more than welcome addition to the design team ! Rock on, grrls !

My card features a wardrobe inspired embellie - hope that counts !

ttfn, Pearl
http://maisymary.blogspot.com

Andrea C (Frog) said...

Great cards girls i love them all, i have done one.

Andrea xx

Lara said...

yeah Gillian!

What a fun challenge, I'm scared to go in my wardrobe though....

Paula J Atkinson said...

gorgeous cards.
couldn't get mine uploaded tonight just about given up but my internet has come back on!!!

http://minibookpixie.blogspot.com

Sprogpaws said...

What a fabby challenge!! I've uploaded mine to my blog (www.sprogpaws.typepad.com) and may well have another go later in the week, as I have a top that's just begging to be 'lifted' if you know what I mean! ;oD

Gorgeous cards everyone!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Gillian!

I've been rather inspired by my lovely gold sequin bag and the spare sequins included with it. Also the GinX paper I used I hoarded for a while hoping I'd find a nice item of clothing to go with it... just for a good photo op! Never happened - nearest I got was a nice silk scarf.

Anyway, it's a very simple afair and up on my blog. :oD

Lynne said...

Congratulations Gllian - wonderful news.

Another fab Dare ladies, I have added mine to my Blog.

Mary-Beth said...

Mine's on my blog!
Once again, Congrats Gillian!!! Your art is amazing and you deserve it.

Leo said...

Finished and uploaded mine to my blog. This was so much fun thank you for another excellent dare!

Keryn Campbell said...

Lachlan has made a card to show me what he'd like to have in his waredrobe. I've loaded it onto my blog.

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

My 'wardrobe' card is on my blog now at http://cardmakingsaga.blogspot.com/

Andrea said...

wooooooo hoooooooo....YAHHH Gillian!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Gillian!!!!

Beverley said...

Yay Gillian, fantastic news.

I've just put my wardrobe cards up on my blog. Now to see if I can 'imagine' up another card!

sylvia said...

Hey girls, I just made a card, you can look at it on my blog:
http://wolkenkoenigin.blogspot.com/

Thanks for the inspiration!
Sylvia

Lara said...

put my card & inspiration on my blog - thanks for the challenge :-)

Anam_Kihaku said...

YEAH!! am catching up - have a card in my blog along with a special one just for Gillian :)

BondGirl said...

Ros has joined in our wardrobe dare with her fab purple card. It can be seen in our gallery here

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q43/daringcardmakers/wardrobe%20dare/RosWardrobe.jpg