Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Ready, Steady, Cook!

Hello and welcome to another Daring Cardmakers' Friday, I hope you're ready to play!
It's Kathy here this week to set the new challenge, but before I do, we'd all like to say a huge Thank You to everyone who took part in Jane's Patchwork Inspired dare last week. The cards were, as always wonderful and inspiring - we just love the way you are all so generous about sharing your work.

So, what's this week's dare all about?
Here in the UK there's a TV programme that's been going for years. A couple of viewers are invited to bring a bag of cookery ingredients to the studio and two top chefs have to make a meal using the contents of those bags - they don't know what will be in the bags beforehand.

So this dare is my take on that theme - I'll tell you the ingredients you have to use, then all you have to do is make the card.

Here are your ingredients:
3 different papers
At least one piece of chipboard
At least 1 button
At least 1 piece of ribbon
optional: 1 extra item/element of your choice

That's about it, all you need to do now is sort out your bits of stash and make up your card - you're allowed to use whatever paints, pens and inks you like, but otherwise you must stick to the ingredients in the list.

For the Design Team I added a twist, to make it more difficult! I sent each of them their own "bag" of ingredients - unlike you, they weren't allowed to use their own stash!

In their envelope they each found some pieces of paper, a couple of ribbons, a couple of pieces of chipboard and some buttons. They all contained papers from different collections and I did try to match up the ribbons and buttons - see, I'm not tooooo cruel!

Well, you can see below how our fab team rose to the challenge, and read more about how they approached the dare on their own blogs. We're really looking forward to seeing the cards you cook up, so please come back and leave us a message and a link to where we can "taste" your creations!
Have fun Keryn
Lythan
Jo

Rhi


33 comments :

tracy said...

well done girls,those cards are fab :)

K said...

I LOVE shows like that! Really get your creative juices going! The DT's cards are, as usual, fantastic! Thanks for the challenge!

Helen said...

Thanks for such a fun challenge!

http://diningroomdrawers.blogspot.com/2009/03/daring-card-makers-card-positioning.html

Helen x

Alice said...

Nice challenge!!! Thanks! Going right away to my craftroom ;-) hope to show my card later...
Regards from the Netherlands!

Kristen H said...

http://kardsandklay.blogspot.com/2009/03/daring-card-makers-challenge.html
Here is mine, thank you for the fun challenge. And challenge it was! Whewwww! I hope you like it, this is my first time playing along.
The cards you posted from the DT are gorgeous.
Happy Weekend Everyone!!!

Bubbles said...

Ah I used to love the program when James Martin was on there, met him several times!! Sadly can't take part as I don't have anything chipboard :0(

Joanne x

Lisa said...

This was such a fun challenge, I couldn't resist!
What's Cookin'

Enfys said...

I enjoyed doing this one, gorgeous DT samples as always

Jackie said...

Thanks for inspiring me to use some chipboard, it's something I very rarely think of using!
Lovely cards as always.
Here’s my entry

Craft-berry said...

Wonderful cards!

Gez Butterworth said...

Fantastic challenge Kathy. Great DT cards team.

You can see my card Here

Thanks for looking.
Have a lovely weekend.
Gez. xx

Sue said...

Great challenge, lovely DT cards, here is my effort.
mycard
Thanks for looking, sue.x

Claire Mackaness said...

This was fun, thanks girls Heres mine

Evelina Wikberg said...

Loving the challenge and all the DT cards. Lots of inspiration. Have a good week. Here is my Entry

Janice said...

My card is on my blog HERE

Vicky said...

Inspiring cards from the DT. Loved this challlenge, here's my card

Jenny S. (UK) said...

Great theme and fabulous DT cards. Very yummy! here's my dish

Maz said...

A great theme for this challenge, I used to love that show.

Here is my card
Maz

Kath Stewart said...

this was a real fun challenge this week from Kathy and great cards from the DT.....HERE is mine
Hugs Kath xxxxx

Lynda said...

Great challenge as ever! Here's My Card

Lynda xxx

Rosanne said...

Love all the cards ladies!

Its been awhile since I've completed a dare here but since I'm tying to use up my on hand supplies thought this worked perfectly. Here's
my card

Natty said...

Cool ideas!

I uploaded mine here. :o)

Anonymous said...

I've uploaded mine to www.threelittlethings.co.uk. No idea how to do a proper link thing (with html?) Can someone explain?

Dawn

Nancy Sanders said...

Love the challenge and the design team members cards this week. Thanks your challenge and for taking a look at my creation!

Here's my card

Christi Flores said...

Sorry! I put the wrong link! LOL Thank you for letting me play this week! Awesome challenge! Here is my card: http://cici510.blogspot.com/2009/03/punk-bella-monday.html

Helen said...

It's such a fun challenge I had a go at another one!

http://diningroomdrawers.blogspot.com/2009/03/papertake-weekly-challenge-and-daring.html

Helen x

rudlis said...

You can see my card HERE

Thanks for looking - rudlis xxx

Susie Little said...

Hello Ladies,

Here's where you'll find my card.

Susie x

Annika said...

Gorgeous DT cards, I used you recipe in my card so thought I might as well enter it here as well. Nothing as lovely as your creations though!

Unknown said...

Hi ladies!

Great dare you set Kathy. Mine is on my blog:

Freycob's Blog

Hazel said...

Such a lovely lot of crafting again from the team. Love the challenge, Kathy - I've used one of your sketches for this - my card is here

Chris said...

Fabulous DT cards and love the challenge :D
Sorry I haven't joined in for a long time... I really enjoyed making my card it's on my blog today.
Thanks for looking
hugs
Chris xx

Karen said...

Just scraped in with this one!!!!

you can find it HERE!