Friday, May 07, 2010

The Emerald Isle?

Paula's "Easel Does It" challenge was a huge success so a great big Thank You to all who made an easel card to share with us over this past week. It's been such a treat to see them.
An extra special "well done" to those who did the double dare and made a shaped version and also for those who made an easel card for the first time because of this dare - that really is the true spirit of the Daring Cardmakers. We hope you enjoyed making them as much as we enjoyed seeing them.
We are delighted to announce that Andrea Gourley, who won Keryn's SU prize die last week agreed to come and join us as Guest Designer for the whole of May.
We're especially pleased to have her on the Team as not only is she a wonderful card-maker, but she's been contributing to our challenges almost since we started out back in 2006.
Welcome aboard Andrea we know you're going to be a real inspiration to us all.

Throughout this year, our first dare each month is given over to cards inspired by that month's birthstone
"Prized since ancient times, a fine emerald can be more expensive than a high quality diamond of the same carat weight."
The May birthstone is the Emerald and we'd like you to use this beautiful gem as the inspiration for your cards this week. We'd like to see more than just a tiny spot of emerald green on your cards, too!

If you're looking for extra inspiration you can find lots of info about the myths and legends surrounding the Emerald HERE

To help get you thinking here's what the Design Team have come up with this week - remember we always love to see what you make so please come back and leave a link

Andrea
Lythan
Lynda
Rein
Kathy
Nat

Vanessa

Keryn
 Asia
Jo

45 comments :

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Love these birthstone challenges. Here is my card

Rach said...

here is my card
thank you for the fab challenge, brilliant inspirational cards from the dt..xx

Samm said...

Fab challenge, gorgeous work ladies!!!

Here's mine:
My lucky card

Samm
x

sammi said...

Great challenge theme!

here is my card entry:

http://sammibugscrapshack.blogspot.com/2010/05/pink-green-oh-my.html

Kruemel said...

That was a real challenge!LOL Great DT cards - here´s mine.

Hugs,
Kathrin aka Kruemel

Farm Girl said...

Thanks for the chance to enter

http://farm-girl1.blogspot.com/2010/05/train-tastic.html

Diane Louise J said...

I enjoy making cards relating to birthstone gems.
Here’s my card; thanks for looking :0)

Desiréé said...

http://desireeh1.blogspot.com/2010/05/which-tie.html

My entry...

Anonymous said...

Fabulous DT cards, here's my card for this weeks challenge
Kate T

- - Sheryl - - said...

Here is my card
Actually a wedding card - thanks for the challenge!

Bubbles said...

HERE

Joanne x

Carolina said...

Great cards from Dt
Have a nice weekend. My card is here :
http://carolinas-kort.blogspot.com/2010/05/penny-black-kort.html

Lexi said...

Here is my card!

In case the link doesn't work: http://lexiscards.blogspot.com/2010/05/card-94.html

Kath Stewart said...

another great challenge and gorgeous cards from the team...HERE is mine...hugs kath xxx

Unknown said...

Wonderful challenge and superb inspiration from the DT.

Here's my card

Thanks for looking.

Joanne xx

Claire said...

Love the DT cards, wow they are all stunning. My tag card is
here
Claire xx

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a lovely challenge and what lovely DT cards.

Here is my card for this challenge

Best wishes

Kym xxx

Jo said...

lovely DT cards

Mine is here

Jo x

Anonymous said...

Lots of lovely inspiration!!

Here is my card this week[url="http://pollypurplehorse.typepad.com/blog/2010/05/penny-black-and-green-stamping-fun.html"]Penny Black and green = stamping fun - pollypurplehorse's blog[/url]

http://pollypurplehorse.typepad.com/blog/2010/05/penny-black-and-green-stamping-fun.html

Di said...

My Card.
hope this works!!
Hugs Di x

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

I really enjoyed this one, here's my card: GlitterAngel blog, hugs Sharon x

Unknown said...

I've been missing in action recently, but I've made my card AND uploaded it this week!

You can find it HERE

Rosie
x

Annika said...

DT samples made me drool BAD!

Here is my try

Thanks
Annika

Joanne Gilch said...

Emerald Green, fabulous idea for a challenge! Wait til you see my many gift set!
http://cardologyetc.blogspot.com/2010/05/daisy-doodles-has-guest-sponsor.html

Enfys said...

Super Dt cards as always, thanks girls. Mine is HERE

The Crafty Den said...

Great theme this week and gorgeous DT samples. You can see my card here. Hugs, Denise x

Marcsi said...

I love green and your cards, too :) Here is my entry.

Michelle said...

Ive been into card making lately. Thanks for the ideas!

Debs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debs said...

Great DT cards Here is mine
Hugs

Vicky said...

Enjoyed this one, thanks for the inspiration. My card is here
:)x

pinky said...

My birthday colour, loved the inspiration, mine is a bit wacky in comparison lol. You can see it here
Pinky

Helen said...

Great challenge thanks!
Here's here
Helen x

Helen said...

Umm...it's here, I should say!

Kathleen said...

I've made a Golden Wedding Anniversary card using green as the accent colour.
You can see my card here

Kathleen Mc

Malin said...

Click here!

Great challenge!

Maria Matter said...

Great challenge!
here's mine:
... Joyful Stamper: ABC Toys-A Cheery Hello

blessings!

Mary said...

Gorgeous cards ladies!! Here is my card. Thanks for taking a look.

hugs
Mary

Hazel said...

Super DT crating. My card is here x

Ash said...

Awesome creations u peeps make... Mine is not the BEST, like yours, but I loved it, still.... So Here's MY EMERALD

Hugs))))

Ash...
(http://hastkala-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

Lynn said...

http://lynnscraftycorner.blogspot.com/2010/05/daring-cardmakers-emerald-card.html

Here's my card!

PetraB said...

I love this challenge, wonderful DT cards ... welcome Andrea.
Here is my card.

Just_a_bean said...

Really enjoyed the challenge - here's my addition:
http://justabean.blogspot.com/2010/05/daring-cardmakers-emerald-card.html

Juhi said...

Green is one of my favorite colors.....here's my card.

Hugs,
Juhi

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a fun challenge! Great dt creations. Here is mine