Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Oh Boy!!!!!

We're all enjoying a bit of blog-hopping to see all your Creased Creations for Jane's "In the Fold" dare and there's still loads of time to join in if you've not posted yours yet, or maybe you're dithering on the edge, unsure whether to join in or not - don't be scared, come on in, it's fun!

So, who's name came out of the hat for our very first DCM lucky draw, then? Well hang on just a minute while we set our Little Extra mini-challenge.

MEN!
Let's face it, we all have to make them a card sometimes even though most of us find them tricky. We've been kind and not asked you to do a "male" card since Debbie's "ribbon for men" dare, but for this week's Little Extra that's what we'd like you to make - a card with a male in mind. Be it Baby boy, Little boy, Teenage Boy or BIG "boy" - just make him a card and let's see what you've done by leaving a message on this post.
As usual some of the Design Team have made some cards to help get you thinking:






OK?



off you go then!



Oh yes, we knew there was something else.....

And the winner is ....drum roll, please....

ESTHER

http://starcreations.blogspot.com/

Congratulations Esther, if you send an email to the gallery address with your postal info on, we'll get some little packages of goodies on their way to you asap.

24 comments :

Rachel said...

is this open then to style etc? just as long as its masculine? Ive got too boys birthdays coming up so hopefully will get this dare done.

congrats to Esther xx

Keryn Campbell said...

Rachel just as long as it's for a male, any style, any age.

artfulstampin said...

Wooohooo way to go Essie! well done you! It just so happens I've had to make my FIL's bday card this week, so that will be on my blog...just hope he doesn't see it first!

Esther said...

Hi can someone please help, where can I find the gallery address?
thanks (I dont know if my last comment got published?)

Jane said...

congratulations Esther ! send your address here daringcardmakers@hotmail.co.uk

hope that helps.

Sheila said...

I dared again.
The cards are some I designed some time ago but I love making them and every time I get an order for a mans card I just pray he likes fishing........cos if not I get a bit stumped.

http://manicstamper.blogspot.com

Rachel said...

did a couple of "boys" cards last night, please check out my blog xx

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

I double dared - I needed to make two male cards today and I have included some old favourites! Love the cards so far!!

http://craftblog.craftybutterfly.co.uk/2007/02/boys-zone.html

Esther said...

Hi really pleased about winning, I hope I didnt come across as being ungrateful, it didnt publish my comment! read my blog for more details. Anyway to the point... I have completed this weeks challenge sneak a peak at www.starcreations.blogspot.com

Pearl said...

Love the fold idea ! lol


Mine's over at :

http://maisymary.blogspot.com/2007/02/dcm-in-fold.html

Allison Rankin said...

This is my first challenge...thanks for the inspiration!

http://stampinwhenican.blogspot.com/2007/02/sc112-needed-to-color.html

Jo said...

Aha... nice one. Im in the process of making a card for my sis who is due with twin boys in the next few weeks so will try finish it asap and submit. Ooh my first DCM challenge!
Great ones so far tho!
x

Anonymous said...

I just posted a male card to my blog yesterday and a very nice person who commented suggested that I submit the card - this blog is wonderful - I have never read it before but its now on my list of favorites!
www.lauraoshea.typepad.com

Rachel said...

another couple of baby boy cards from me on my blog - thanks for looking!

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys - thanks so much for picking "male" cards for this week's extra! I've been doing a couple lately....

http://scrappydo.wordpress.com

Lynne said...

Yay!!!! managed to fit in the mid week dare this week .... it's been added to my Blog .... :D

Sari K. said...

Nice cards girls!
I have one in my blog.

Anonymous said...

This has helped me get DS2's birthday card done, so thank you! It's on the blog.....

Paula J Atkinson said...

Left a comment last night to say mine done & over on the blog, but it isn't hee this morning!

http://minibookpixie.blogspot.com

Deanne said...

finally found the time to add to this weeks extra...
you can see it over on my blog, all the other blogs are great by the way x

Card Bored Kitty! said...

My Mini Challenge card is up on my blog. Thanks for the ideas! I'm getting the hang of this challenge business now!

Donna said...

I have managed to get a card up for this - better late than never.

I am going to aim to get one dare done "on time" I promise :-)

Donna

http://donnascardsnstuff.blogspot.com/

Jo said...

Josh made a male card over the weekend, it is on my blog :)

BondGirl said...

Ros and Shirley have made a male card this week. Their cards have been added to the midweek extra folder on our gallery. check it out here

http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q43/daringcardmakers/Midweek%20Extras/?action=view&slideshow=true